Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Great Shopping trip today!!

My last big shopping trip was Oct. 29th, So, I haven't shopped in awhile. My budget was $200.00, I spent $107.21 between 3 transactions.

First Stop, ALDI's:


1 bag of Torilla Chips
1 bag of Corn Chips
4 containers of Cat Litter
2 bags of Hamburger Buns
1 bag of Hot dog Buns
3 frozen pizzas
3 chicken pot pies
3 loaves of bread
1 chunk colby cheese
1 chunk medium cheese
2 boxes of Salisbury Steaks
2 frozen grape juices
4 boxes of Mac and Cheese
1 gallon of milk
4 pounds of bananas
3 cans of speghettios

Total $48.54

Next stop Loglis:



2 boxes of Cake Mix ( on sale for $1.00, had a .55/2 coupon)
5 boxes of Stuffing ( on sale for .78, had a buy 4 get one free coupon)
3 bottles of Sobe Life water ( priced $1.19, had a .50 cents off coupon that doubled for each, .19 each after coupon)
2 boxes of Swiss Miss ( on sale for $1.00, I had .50/2 coupons)
4 rolls of Cresent Rolls ( on sale for $1.79, I had $1.00 coupons
3 bottles of Crisco Oil ( on sale for $2.00 each, I had coupons for .55 cents off each.)
3 Thai Noodles ( priced $.97, I had .50 cent off coupons that doubled, so free after coupon)
3 pouches of Tuna ( different prices, different brands, but I ended up paying .37 cents after coupon for the 3 pouches, 2 of the pouches were on sale for $1.00 and I had .50 cents off coupons that doubled, so at least 2 were free)
4 cans of Mixes Fruit ( on sale for $1.00 each, I had .55/2  coupons )
2 cans of Cranberry Sauce ( on sale for .88 each)
1 package of Cheese Slices ( not on sale)
1 box of Mashed Potatoes ( I had a .50 off coupon that doubled)
1 package of Flour ( on sale for .88)
1 package of Butter ( on sale for $1.68)
1 19.75 pound Turkey ( full price $27.45, but they were .39 a pound of you spent $25.00, I also had a $2.00 winetag off)
Total before coupons:$72.64
After coupons: $27.86

Second Transaction:
4 boxes of Hot Chocolate
4 bottles of Sobe Water
2 packages of Chinet ( on sale for $2.00, had $2.00 coupon from sunday paper, making them free)
1 Beef Strongnoff microwave meal ( on sale for $2.50, i had a coupon for $1.50 off)
3 cups of Stuffing ( on clearance for .67 cents, I had a buy 2 get one free)
2 Yakisoba Microwave meals ( on sale for .75, had a 50 cent coupon that double, so it made them free)
1 3 pound bag of apples ( on sale)
5 bottles of Sweet Relish ( on sale for $1.49, I had .55 cent off coupons that doubled)
6 4 pound bags of Sugar ( on sale for $1.17, I had .35 cent off coupons that doubled)
2 boxes of cake mix
1 5pound bag of flour
1 bag of shredded cheese ( on sale)
2 rolls of plastic wrap ( $1.10, had a coupon for 1.00 off when you buy two)
4 bags of cat treats ( on sale $1.00 each, I had $2.00/2, making them all free)
5 bags of steamed veggies ( on sale for $1.00, I had .35 cents off coupons)
1 container of sour cream ( on sale for $1.49, I had a .50 cents off coupon)
1 19.15 pound turkey ( full price $26.62)

Total before coupons: $82.10
Total after coupons: $30.81

The bad news...Logli's changed it coupon policy. Which they made me aware of tonight. They will now only accept 3 of the same like coupon per transaction...I guess I will be doing more transactions!

The good news... I got 2 more gallons of milk from the church...so I have 3 gallons. And I picked up 4 dozen eggs from my grandfather. He gets them from a local farmer so they cost me nothing.

Now, my menu plan. (about $35.00 a week at the $107 I spent) I am going to have this for 21 days...which will keep us until the 3rd week in December.  So that is 21 breakfasts and dinners. Lunches my kids eat at school and my husband eats left overs. I pack my lunch for my job. Remember, this includes my stockpiled items not just what I bought today.

Breakfasts ( 21+ meals)
Cereal ( 5 meals)
Crepe (1 meal)
Oatmeal ( 5 meals)
Eggs ( 4 meals)
French Toast ( 1 meal)
Fruit and Yougart ( 1 meal)
Pancakes (4 meals)
Frozen Waffles ( 2 meals), can add fruit from summer garden or syrup

Lunch
( 7+ no school days for the family)
Mac and Cheese ( 3 days)
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches ( 2 days)
Hot dogs ( 2 days)
Speghettios ( 1 day)
Soup ( 1 day)

( 14 work days for me)
1 beef strongnoff microwave meal
2 Yakisoba microwave meals
4 Mac and cheese cups
6 mini frozen pizzas
2 noodle soups

( 14+ days of lunches for husband)
4 Left overs from the dinner before
2 Tuna Sandwiches
2 Turkey Sandwiches
2 Bistro Microwave meals
2 frozen mini pizzas
1 can of clam chowder
1 can of cream of mushroom
3 thai noodle packs


Dinner (21+ meals and their side dish)
2 soppy joes, apple sauce
1 walking tacos
2 salisbury steaks meals, mashed potatoes and pasta roni
2 pizzas
1 chicken pot pie meal, steamed veggies
4 speghetti meals, steamed veggies
4 turkey meals, steamed veggies and stuffin
2 taco nights
1 London Broil, Veggies, pasta salad
1 hamburger helper, veggies and cranberry sauce
1 beef stew, ( use up the egg noodles!), cresent rolls
1 Boneless Chuck steak, veggies and mashed potatoes

Snacks
Popcorn
Halloween candy
Bananas
Apples with Peanut butter
cupcakes
fruit salad
wheat thins
popsicles
crackers, cheese and crackers
cookies

Drinks
Milk
Hot Coco
Grape Juice
Kool Aid
Fitness Water
Water
Coffee
Tea

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.