Friday, January 30, 2009

I did go a get a few needed things tonight.

Like I said yesterday I did go and pick up a few things. Nothing exciting, but I wanted to list it.

Target:
I picked up my free tote bag, that is it.
Nothing out of pocket

Farm and Fleet
40 pounds of Rabbit food
Total $10.01, I used my Visa gift card, so nothing out of pocket.

Aldi:
Corn Chips
Hamburger buns
5 pounds of ground turkey
4 jugs of cat litter
Total: $22.52

Walmart:
4 Microwave meals
1 bottle Endust
4 Soaps
3 boxes of cotton swabs
3 cat litters
Before coupons: 38.49
After coupons: 21.17



Walgreens:
2 Pizzas
5 microwave soups
Total after coupons: $6.50, but nothing out of pocket I used my Walgreens rebate card.



Lolgi's:
9 powerade drinks ( 20 cents a bottle after coupons)
5 bags of Quacker Rice Cakes ( 25 cents a bag after coupons)
Strawberry milk straws ( free after coupon)
box of breaded mushrooms (free after coupon)
3 dozen eggs (46 cents after coupons)
1 can of OJ
4pk of yougart
6 pack of kids yougart
4 packs of cat treats (free after coupons)
3 ham steaks ($1.31 total for the 3 after coupons)
6 packages of Tuna Creations
1 small sour cream
2 packages of taco seasoning
3 garlic breads
2 cans of Manwich
5 bottles of chocolate milk ( free after coupons)
3 boxs of cereal
Magazine (free with $50.00 purchase)

Before coupons: 73.55
After coupons $25.11

So, out of pocket for everything $68.80. And I had enough rabbit food and cat food and cat litter to keep the animals going to awhile.
I got several items for my lunch at work, so I don't go out to eat or eat in the cafeteria.

I don't plan on grocery shopping now for at least 3 to 4 weeks, we have to live on out stock pile and what I bought tonight. I will pick up items that are free or close to free, but that will be it.

My menu plan for the next 2 weeks will include:
Breakfast:
Cereals
Toaster Strudel
Pancakes
Eggos
Oatmeal
Fruit
Eggs
Omelets

Lunches:
Mac and Cheese
Grilled cheese
Soups
Hot dogs
Pasta roni
Speghettios
Sandwiches - Peanut Butter and Jelly Or Ham
Tuna
Microwave meals (for me at work)
Noodles Soup bowls (for me at work)
SIDES: Apple Sauce, mixed fruit, cottage cheese, and suddenly salads

Dinners:
Speghetti
Walking Tacos
Casserole ( given from the church last night)
Ham Steaks
Frozen Pizzas
Sloppy Joes
Hamburger Helpers
Turkey

I have plenty of Steamer Veggies, mashed potatoes and rice a roni's for side dishes.

You may look at this and think, wow not very healthy, BUT, while my husband is out of work, we will have to cut down on fresh fruits. I will still try to get bananas at the Kwick Trip if I am out that way.

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.