Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to Walgreens...


Ok, I admit, since Walgreens opened up only a short drive ( about 8 blocks) from my house, I have been getting the deals more often then I ever did before. After I heard about the South Beach Deal, I wanted to get right over there because I know stocks are typically limited.

Here is my transaction:
1 pack of Pull Ups
4 Glade Oil Candle refills ( which is great because I bought the holiday glass holders last month - Free after coupon, of course)
2 Walgreens Tote Bags (clearance!)
6 boxes of South Beach Bars ( lunch box snacks!)
3 boxes of Electrasol
1 bottle of Shampoo
4 cans of Progresso Soup

Total before coupons: $56.44
Total after coupons: $23.95
Then I paid with the Register Rewards from earlier today, so my total, adding in the tax, was $5.62! Less then the cost of the sale price pull ups! Also, several of the items were rebate book items, so I am getting another $9.00 back in rebates! Which means I made money on the deal!

The receipt said I saved $76.67, which I am sure they are adding in the cost before the sale prices, but since I would never buy it full price, I really don't feel I saved that much.

:) Here is a photo of the reciept:

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.