Saturday, January 3, 2009

Great Book...and 2009 Goals.

Happy New Year...I spent the New Year celebrating my wedding anniversary with my husband, what a wonderful relaxing time we had! During our get away I reread one of my favorite books, Frugal Luxuries; Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort you Soul by Tracey McBride. I encourage you to read it. It explores different topics and how you can live frugally yet still create a wonderful family fun atmosphere. It talks about how to live abundantly while saving money and enjoying life. Enjoying life doesn't mean you have a lot of money, it means you are content with what you have and enjoy what life has given you.

IF your goal is to be debt free this year, there are two things you must do. One, stop spending. You don't NEED it! Whatever it is! Two, while you cut your spending, you have to increase your income. Our family is still on track to be credit card free as of July 2009. That will mean about $700 a month in payments. It's going to be a challenge, but it's a challenge I look forward to. I don't want to have monthly payments that are skyrocketing.

Also, one more reminder, go through you coupon binders and purge all 2008 coupons. Let's hope 2009 is full of great deals and freebies!

Here's to 2009!!

2 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

I was just browsing through blogs and stumbled upon your nice words regarding my book "FRUGAL LUXURIES" and had to take a moment to send a "Thank You" for the good thoughts and praise. You don't know how much I appreciate them.
Warmly,
Tracey
P.S. Happy Anniversary!! What a great day to celebrate.

Frugalmommie said...

Hi Tracey,
And thank you for visiting my blog! What an honor!!!

I have read your book several times, each time I find a reason I love it more. Last summer, at a rummage sale I found 2 pretty serving bowls for 25 cents each. They make my dinners with my husband fancy on the frugal! Thank you so much for your book!

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.