Monday, September 7, 2009

Great Deal! 5 boxes of Cereal for 50 cents!!

In my article on the Wisconsin State Journal, I mentioned that I don't pay more than 50 cent a box for cereal. I got many emails saying that is IMPOSSIBLE, but it's not. About 1 month ago, A brand new Target opened up by my parents home, they had a grand opening special for their private label cereal for 50 cents a box. I stockpiled a few boxes. Now, Target has another great deal.

This week, at Target, you can buy Fiber One Cereal for $2.50 a box. Buy 5 boxes and you get a $5.00 Target Gift card. Go to this LINK from Hot Coupon World to print 5 of the $1.00 off any General Mills Cereal Target Coupons. Then look in the recent sunday paper coupon inserts. There was $1.00 off when you buy two boxes of Fiber One Cereals.

So 5 boxes at $2.50 a box is $12.50. $12.50 minus the $5.00 from the Target coupons is $7.50. Then subtract 2 of the $1.00 off coupons. Which brings you to $5.50. Which is $1.10 a box. Then, you get your $5.00 Target gift card. So, $5.50 minus the savings of the $5.00 for the gift card is equal to 50 cents for $5 boxes of cereal! :) Sweet deal!

4 comments:

Megan said...

In that same article you said you could freeze almost anything including sour cream. If so do you have to take any special steps to freeze sour cream and any length of time advicce? What about french onion dip or cottage cheese?

Frugalmommie said...

HI Megan,
If you freeze sour cream, you can't use it again as a topping on potatoes. It can only be used for a mix, like casseroles and such. As far as length of time, I typically don't freeze it past one month.

I use this guide
http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/yf/foods/fnw616.htm for freezing. So I hope this helps answer your question. I have never froze cottage cheese! The kids eat it faster than I can buy it!! :)

I do freeze flour, coffee, and other items too. :)

Let me know if that helps or if you need more information!

Thanks for reading!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had any luck at the Target in Janesville accepting more than 1 Target coupon for the same item. Otherwise that would be awesome!

Frugalmommie said...

Dear Anon,
My shopping trip was the Target in Janesville and I had no problems!

Don't know what is up with that!

Frugalmommie

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.