Saturday, February 21, 2009

Small trip ended up being a BIG TRIP!!!

I went to use some coupons and I did really well!


Sentry:
4 small OJ's
1 steak
4 bags of Tortilla Chips
1 2liter of Dr. Pepper
1 head of Lettuce
1 Tomatoe

Total $16.70
After Coupons: $9.12
Used my Visa Gift Card ZERO OOP.



Walgreens:
Zucol Medicine
ThermaCare Heat Wraps
Glade Sense and Spray
2 Starbucks Chocolates
2 LIfe Water
Revlon Lip Gloss
Revlon Make up
Fructis Shampoo

Total: $56.42
After coupons: 40.52
Used my Rebate Refund Card from Last month: $4.28
I paid $4.28, but I am getting back $37.45 back from refunds. So, Really, I made money.



Walmart
2 Calendars (On clearance, for my Husbands birthday)
12 boxes of Pencil and Tatto Valentines ( We are going to use the pencils for school and the Tatoos will be put into Easter Eggs for baskets and hunting. Each box was only 25 cents! There was 16 pencils in each box!!!!! I know I just bought Valentines last night, but at 25cents a box of pencils, it makes it under 2 cents a pencil!!)
Total: $8.29 ( Most of that was the 2 calendars)






Pick N Save:
20 pounds of Ground Turkey
2 Thin Crust Pizzas
2.7 pounds of Bananas
4 dozen eggs
Glucerna Cereal
2 Honey Hams (Sliced Pieces)
2 packs of Chicken Nuggets
2 Packs of Chicken Strips
2 packs of Honey Ham Lunch Meat
2 cans of Tuna
1 pack os Chicken Legs
3 packs of Chicken Drum Sticks (over 6 pounds of Drum Sticks!)
1 Pack of Chicken Breasts

Total Before Coupons: $96.84
After Coupons: $23.37


So, Out of Pocket, I spent $35.94 and I am getting $37.45 in Walgreens Rebates!!! I got 20 pounds of Ground Turkey!! That will keep us going for a LONG time!!

For those of you who have emailed me and said you can't do this because you have no double coupons stores, that is untrue. I did all of this with no double coupons. :) I did this with rebates, winetags, interprintable coupons and regular coupons! :)

HAPPY DANCING!!! STAY FRUGAL!!!!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Well I can't do it because there are no wine tags in my state! Hee hee...but no jealousy, that's for sure. I probably get deals you don't too. You put in the hard work and DESERVE to reap the rewards!

Frugalmommie said...

Jan, I don't know what state you are in, but you are right, some states do not allow Wine Tags. Each state is different. Your also right when you say that you get deals I probably don't get. Many sales, and stores, are regional. The point I was making is that with time and some patient learning, you can be frugal and a great couponer. :) :) :) Thanks for the comment!!

Just Melody said...

Congratulations. You did a great job with coupons. :) Well done.

I came here from De's site.

Frugalmommie said...

HI Mrs. Melody! Nice of you to stop by my blog! I hope you come to visit again! Let me know if you have any questions.

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.