Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Son and I Were In The Local Paper Today!

My son and I were in the local paper today. It was a story about Freecycle and saving money! My son did great for the photographer. It's a great story. They mention many people who save money using freecycle.

If you don't know what freecycle is, it's a online community group. You post things you have and no longer need, or you post something you really need and don't have the money for. The members read the posts, if they have what you need they contact you. If you post something to give away, you get emails from people who are interested.

My family have gotten so much over the years, from Lilac Bushes for our yard, to playground equipment, toys, clothes, books and videos. I, several years ago, got a collection of cross stitching things that were so beautiful. I work on one when times allows.

You can check out freecycle at www.freecycle.org You can search for you city or county.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So, I'm a little late...but, I saw you on Fox Six last week....I didn't even know you had a blog. So as a fellow Milwaukee Area Mom, I just had to follow!

Great tips! Going to go snoop around for a while more! Have a great week!

Frugalmommie said...

Thanks Michelle!

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.