Sunday, December 7, 2008

Frugal Fun Weekend!!

This weekend, we went to visit my In Laws who are 3 hours up north. We had to keep the money spending down, due to the fact our van died this Friday ( OH THANK GOODNESS FOR THE EMERGENCY FUND!!!). So, here is our visit.

First, we went and saw Bolt (The new disney movie). Free. We didn't spend anything ( we got the free movie tickets from the SOBE LIFE water deal!!) I brought in my purse a candy bar for each kid.
Then, Gas to get there and back $21.09
Dinner at Applebee's $13.32 ( had a $25.00 gift card from my point program, the balance was $7.32 and I added a tip)

We stayed at my in laws home for the most part, but I did run to Walgreens.

$51.13 before coupons
$30.17 after coupons
$5.17 after my $25.00 gift card I got from our last Walgreens visit
ZERO after I used my shoppers hotline gift card.

SO, nothing out of pocket. Here is a photo of what I bought:


Then, We took the kids to Build a Bear at the Mall. There is no Build a Bear store anywhere near us and my daughter has always wanted one. I had coupons for $5.00 off any $10 purchase from the magazines I get free. They had an offer, buy the boy and girl Christmas Moose and get a free hard cover story book. I asked if I could do 2 seperate transactions (so I could use both coupons) for the Christmas moose (boy and girl) they have and still get the free book offer. The woman said No, but they would take BOTH coupons off in one transaction. So, we agree to let the kids get the Christmas Moose. So, total was $39.99, after coupons and discounts, I paid $14.70!!! I got 2 Build a Bear Christmas mooses (the boy and the girl), the hardcover story book that goes with them, 2 Build a Bear 2009 calendars and 2 sticker sets. My kids were sooo thrilled and I saved a bunch of money while my daughter finally got to go to Build A Bear.


Our total trip Gas, one resturant trip, movies and a little shopping: $49.11. The rest of the meals we ate at my in laws. It was a relaxing and nice trip. :) I was thrilled with my Walgreens trip. Also, my father in law had to run to the grocery store, so while he did his shopping, I looked for coupons. I got 2 winetags for Bread, several reynolds baking supply coupons, kellogg's $1.00 off peelies, and some other great coupons. It was worth the trip with him. :)

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.