Saturday, December 27, 2008

Did you go after Christmas Shopping?

I did venture out, and it was busy! I didn't buy much, but I did get a birthday gift for my son and a gift for my father. I bought 7 rolls of gift wrap. One roll is gold with white swirls, I will use it for wedding gift wrap. One is bright plain blue. I will use it for birthdays for men. One is red with sparkling circles. I will use it for birthdays, valentines day, etc. The rest were Christmas wrap so I am set for next year. I picked up 6 boxes of LED string lights. I used my Rebate Credits from Menards, so I didn't spend anything there. I also picked up some food items, marshmellows, cookie mixes, frosting, nuts and crackers. They also had lots of camping gear on clearance at Target, so I get a few more things for our camping trips. Target also had 4 pks of batteries for 50 cents a package. I bought 4 packages. Altogher I spent a tad over $58.00. I went to 6 stores. I didn't feel I did too bad but wished prices were better. :) I wish I could have found more gift sets. I know the TV stations are saying that the prices are slashed, but I haven't found that. It's about the same prices as I found last year.

Also, it's friday! So, DH got paid. I wrote out payments to our monthly credit cards, they are paid in full again. Put another $140 into savings and $400 on the big credit card. I want to send that out, but I need to wait for the new mailing address since we did a balance transfer. :) One more step to being debt free!!!!!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.