Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Cheap week...

Well, it's not a complete week yet, but Hey! I have to tell you what deals I have gotten!

First, On Monday after work, I picked up my Redbox code and got a free movie for the kids. So they watched the movie and I got an extra 2 1/2 hours of work done at my office! Also, as we headed out to pick up our Redbox free movie, I also used the free Apple dippers coupons from McDonalds....So nothing out of pocket! The kids had a fun Monday night! Also, at work today, one of my co workers gave me her Coke rewards tops! Yeah! More free video rentals!

Tuesday, after work, I dropped off the redbox movie, and crossed the street to Blockbuster. There I picked up 3 movies, using the Free Rental coupon I had from my Erewards Survey and their tuesday buy 1 get 1 free rental night. I should have paid for 1 of those movies ( from the BOGO coupon) but I used my gift card ( still have from coke rewards!) So, all three movies were free. Then we stopped at McDonalds again (I KNOW! 2 DAYS IN A ROW AND WE NEVER TYPICALLY EAT THERE!!). We used my kids Happy Meal Coupons (They earn for a school reading program). So I had to pay for my meal. Which, I had a BOGO coupon for, so I got 2 sandwiches and a large soda for under $4.00 plus the kids free meals. Kids got meals, I got another extra 2 hours of extra work done at the office.

Then today, after work, I picked up the mail and got another coke rewards item. The red Semi Truck. I will save it as a christmas gift for my son! I know he will love it!

Besides getting gas in my car, I haven't had any out of pocket expenses. I was able to send another $200 to the BIG Credit card and put my husband's bonus work check in the bank for our emergency fund!

FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!!!! :)

1 comment:

Just Frugal said...

Sounds like an awesome week!

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.