Sunday, March 27, 2011

Walgreens Candy deal!!

2 posts ago, I posted about the $2.00 off 2 coupon from Mars - Snickers Candy. I also found $1.00 off 2 coupons in my Sunday Paper. I went over to Walgreens this morning and wanted to know what they would honor on those coupons if I bought the 6 or 7 Snickers candy Eggs. I also asked if I could go over the 6 limit quantity. The coupon question they couldn't answer. She told me I had to see what the register did ( I did bring my coupon policy for questions).  The quantity questions they told me I could do multiple transactions, no problem.  So, with coupons in hand, I did 4 transactions. I paid .62 cents OOP and got 21 Snickers Eggs and 2 packs of gum. :) It's always good to ask the store. The coupon question ended up being that I could buy 7 eggs and get the entire $2.00 off. :)  I would have never picked up so many without asking, as the advertisment said limit 6. This will be the candy my kids get in their baskets.


Transaction One:
7 Snickers Eggs, .29 cents each, $2.03 - $2.00 coupon. Paid .14 cents ( because of tax)
Transaction Two:
2 Snickers Eggs. .29 cents each. .58 cents, coupon was for $1.00 but they took off the .58 cents. Paid. .03
Transaction Three:
Same as Transaction one, .14 cents (because of tax)
Transaction Four:
6 Snickers Eggs, had 3 $1.00 off 2 coupons. The first coupon she accepted for the $1.00, then on the next 2 coupons she took the .58 cents off. So, I got some overage.
2 packs of Gum, on clearance .32 cents
Total after coupon with tax: .31 cents

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for testing this out. I saw someone else post this idea as well, but was nervous to try it out.

Frugalmommie said...

Lisa,
I would ask questions before I start having to check out! My cashier didn't honestly know and said that she would figure it out at the register.
:)

Jess said...

My local Walgreens is the BEST and the manager there said that they don't really enforce the limits on the coupons (the machines will take as many as you want to buy - they don't actually limit you). I suppose you could get a cranky cashier but it really shouldn't matter.

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.