Saturday, March 5, 2011

...And the Second Half of the Big Shopping trip is done!

Whew! We are done. Now, I don't have to shop again until April 1st!
I went to several different stores. My total out of pocket was $101.76, but without coupons it would have been over $249.00! I saved 60%.

Here is my trip:
Menards:
1 big can of coffee, on sale
5 boxes of Steaks, On sale and they had a rebate!
2 32 roll packs of toilet paper, on sale and they had a rebate
3 Gain Dryer Sheets, Used the $3.00 coupons
Total: $68.17
OOP: Nothing, I used rebate cards from my previous rebates.
AND I have $32.00 to send in for more rebates!!!

Target:
UP Bleach, $1.27, used the $1.00 coupon from Target Website, paid .27 cents
Up cotton balls, $1.17, used the .50 coupon from Target websit, paid .67 cents
Up Ibuprofen, .99 cents, used the $1.00 coupon from Target website, free
Excedrin, $3.99, used the $3.00 coupon from the Target website, then used a $1.00 manufactures coupon, so I had overage.
2 packs of Kraft Singles, $2.49, Had the $1.00 off Target coupon, and 2 .55 cents off each manufactures coupons.
Total:$11.87
Total after coupons: $3.23

Woodmans:
8 Yakisoba Noodles Packs, .69 cents, used .50 cent off coupons
1 bottle of syrup, on sale
1 big jar of applesauce
2 bottles of Welch's Juice, $2.29 each, had a store coupon for $1.00 off and I had 2 $1.00 coupons.
2 boxes of Ritz Crackers, Sale $1.69, I had $1.00 store coupon and I had a $1.00/2 coupon.
4 cans of Friskies cat food, .49 cents, I had 2 BOGO coupons
12 Whiskas Cat food, .55 cents each, I had BOGO coupons
2 Marcel Toilet Papers, I had the $1.00 off coupons and the store had store coupons for .50 cents off, so they were free
1 Marcel Paper Towel, I had the $1.00 off coupons and the store had store coupons for .50 cents off, so they were free

6 pack of Paper Towel, On sale for $3.49
10 pounds of Ground Turkey, .99 cents each
2  1/4 pound packs of Buddin Meat, on sale for .50 cents each and I had a $1.00 off coupons, Free
10 pounds of potatoes, on sale
1 pack of strawberries, on sale
3 roma tomatoes, .95 cents
4 Philly Cooking sauces, On sale for $2.59, had 2 $2.00 off store coupons when you buy 2, and I had $1.50 off coupons, so I paid .36 cents for the 4. And when you bought 4 packs, you got a free Philly hardcover cookbook!! It's really nice!
2 dozen large eggs, $1.12 each and I had a .55 cents off when you buy 2
4 bags of veggies, .69 cents for a 1 pound bag!
11 Frozen family entrees, on sale for $1.39! I got Salsibury Steak, Mostaccoli, Turkey and Gravy  and Beef Patties.
Total: $80.66
Total after coupons: $54.21

Piggly Wiggly ( yes, I went back!)
10 pounds of Chicken
11 Banquet Microwave meals
5 cans of Chef Boy are Dee
2 Manwich
2 boxes of Swiss Miss
Total $35.02
Total after Card: $18.70

Loglis:
3 boxes of Hamburger Helpers
2 Kraft Singles
1 head of Lettuce
2 Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
1 Hormels Homestyle Meal
4 packs of Bar S Bolonga
10 packs of Kool Aid
2 cans of Wolf Chili
3 cans of Rotel
Total:$35.97
Total after coupons: 16.63

Kwik Trip:
4 bags of Milk, .99 cents
2 jugs of Chocolate Milk, .69 cents and you get Free cookie and a Free Donut ( kids program)
4.3 pounds of bananas
3 loaves of bread
Total: $8.99

So that is my shopping, I am done shopping any big trips for at least 4 weeks.
My menu is as follows:

Breakfast on Weekends ( when everyone is home - 7 meals)
*eggs and sausage (2 meals)
*pancakes (2 meals)
*crepe w fruit (2 meals)
*cereal or oatmeal (1 meal)

Breakfast during the week ( 15 meals for mom and dad, kids get school breakfast)
*yogart and fruit, ( 4 meals)
*oatmeal (8 meals)
*cereal (4 meals)

Lunch on weekends ( 7 meals)
*Mac and Cheese (2 meals)
*Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Applesauce (2 meals)
*Soup ( 2 meals)
* Bologna and Cheese Sandwiches (1 meal)
*Chef Boyardee pasta (2 meals)

Lunch during the week ( 15 for mom and dad, kids each school lunch)
Mom:
*Yakisoba Noodle Packs (4 meals)
*Homestyle Compleats (1 meal)
*Banquet Microwave Meal (10 meals)
*Yogart and crackers and fruit (2 meals)

Dad:
*Tuna with Crackers (2 meals)
*Yakisoba Noodle Packs (4 meals)
*Leftovers (2 meals)
*Banquet Meals ( 7 meals)

Dinners (28 meals for the entire family)
*Pizza Meals (6 meals, for swim lesson nights!)
*Homestyle Bake (1 meal)
*Tacos (3 meals)
*Hamburger Helper (3 meals) with Veggies
*Chicken Dinners with Veggies, and a potatoes ( 4 meals)
*Ham Steak, veggies (1 meal)
*Steaks, Veggies, Roll (2 meals)
*Mostacolli and veggies ( 3 meals)
*Salsibury Steak and veggies (3 meals)
*Chicken Enchilada with spanish rice (1 meal)
*Sliced Turkey with veggies and pasta roni ( 1 meal)
*Speghetti  with garlic toast (2 meals)

So, total OOP today ( this morning and this evening) was $171.76 and I am getting $32.00 in rebates.  If you add up all the meals I need to make/have on hand, it would be 102 meals, or $1.69 a meal ( approx.). Also, I know some of you will ask, "Doesn't driving around waste a lot of gas?" Well, we spent $9.03 in gas. Which means that it was worth the driving around. :)

Stay Frugal! Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.