Friday, March 4, 2011

Planning a Big Shopping Trip...

I have NOT done a massive shopping trip in a long, long time. We have been eating down our stockpile and only doing a few trips to double coupon saturdays at Pick N Save. So, today I started planning my grocery shopping trip, I plan to go tomorrow. I know prices are high, so I am going to have to really be careful.

I will spend most of my day tomorrow going to 4 different grocery stores. They are all very close to each other, so I can save on gas. My goal is to spend $300 and get 4 weeks worth of meals ($75.00 a week). My stockpile is still full of cleaners, pet supplies, health and beauty things, so this is strictly a food trip.  I need to have enough meals to get through until April 1st. So, that includes 7 breakfasts ( on weekends) and 15 quick breakfasts for my husband and myself ( kids get breakfast at school); 7 lunches ( on weekends) and 15 lunches at work ( again kids get lunches at school) and 27 dinners.

I will keep you posted on how I do. Unfortunely, due to how tight money is for us right now, some meals will not be the healthiest of meals. It's just the way it has to be, we are strapped for cash and my stockpile is very low!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.