Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Walgreens Run and I bought our state park pass!

Well, I am on spring break this week so I am busy doing some spring cleaning and getting ready for warmer weather!

First stop, I went and bought our State Park Sticker Pass. For $25.00 the first car and $12.50 the second car, this allows us to hike, swim, got to concerts, play at all the state park campgrounds, and go to the trout pond all summer. :) It's a great deal!
Second, Stopped at Walgreens because I discovered we have no eggs to dye for easter!!
First Transaction:
Scrubbing Bubbles Power Sprayer $7.99, used $5.00 off coupon and I got a $2.00 RR back!
Dove Conditioner, $4.00, used a $1.50 coupon and I got a $4.00 RR back!
Total after coupons: $6.15 cents and I got $6.00 in RR's.

Second Transaction:
4 dozen eggs ( the advertisment said $1.29, but they were marked .99 cents!)
Total:$3.96
Used the $2.00 RR from first transaction
Total: $1.96

And I still have the $4.00 RR for later in the week when I go back!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Angie, is there any savings for buying State Park passes now? Can we wait and get the same price?

Thanks,

Jess
jlr846@yahoo.com
Another Mail-in Rebate Shopper :o)

Frugalmommie said...

Jess, It wouldn't let your comment through, although I got it in my email. :) So, I will response here. You can buy your State Park passes any time of the year. There is no discount for when you buy them.

My kids will go swimming a good chunk of the summer and the one time park sticker fee covers every visit!

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.