Monday, March 29, 2010

Other frugal notes......

So much as been happening!!

First of all, my car broke down! Whew, I am glad we have an emergency fund! This just happened after our dryer broke down last month. Thankfully, we are not going into debt to get this taken care of!!

Second, I have gotten my Kashi Freebie and a few other freebies in the mail. I also have a check for $25.00 coming from the now defunct Shoppers Hotline.

Third, Picked up a sled, 2 milk creates and some coupons recently in a curb side shopping trip. :) With Spring almost here, we will be doing more curb side shopping trips.

Also, it's time to renew my newspaper subscription. They called tonight asking if I was going to renew. I told them that since Red Plum has pulled out of their paper, it's not worth it for me to pay $1.25 per Sunday Paper for just the Smart Source inserts. The guy said he agreed and offered me the paper at .70 cents a copy on Sundays. I ordered for one year. :) Beats paying $2.00 at the gas station and it's delievered. :)

Overall, we have been trying to stay frugal and keep our "baby steps" going. We are living off what I have recently bought and our stockpile. We put 2 of my husband's unemployement checks into savings.  We have been using our Family Membership to the museums. We have been to 3 museums, getting admission free and making it a learning experience for the kids. I have used HOT PRINTS to get free books made of the kids museum trips. So, there is our free souvenir!! :)  We are planning another museum trip soon. Our family membership gets us in to over 350 museums world wide. ( See my post about the good deal we got on the family membership)

We stopped at one rummage sale ( YEAH They are starting) and we picked up a girl's mountain bike for $20.00. It's in good shape and that means when my daughter grows out of her bike, she is ready with a larger bike.

I will try to keep up on here with freebies and deals I find. I have to get around to posting the great Walgreens deals this week...and  maybe get over there myself..LOL

Stay Frugal!!!

2 comments:

pennyscents said...

Did you have to contact Shopper's Hotline for them to send you the check. I requested 2-$10.00 gift cards with the points that I had right before they ended their program. It was before the deadline too, so my points hadn't expired. I have not received anything yet, though. I know you and I both requested ours around the same time, because we talked about the program ending.

Frugalmommie said...

Penny, Shoppers hotline will be sending a check to anyone who cashed their points out after Jan 22nd, 2010. Please go to the home page for more information on this. Thanks!

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.