Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Great Shopping Days, good deals...and I started Christmas shopping???

The last 2 days I have been shopping. Whew!

Yesterday, Stopped at Target ( near my work) bought 2 Monopoly games and 2 Connect 4 Games. I used 2 $5.00 off Monopoly coupons and 2 $4.00 off Connect 4 coupons. Out of pocket after coupons: $11.54.  $2.88 per game!!

Also, yesterday, I sent my husband over to Walmart ( near my home) to price match and use the coupons. The cashier refused to do it and so he asked for the Store Manager. The manager in charge also refused to allow it. She said you could have the price match OR the coupons, but not both because you will be ripping us off. My husband asked for a store manager and they refused to call him up. My husband walked out, not happy.

So, I called Walmart corporate. I reviewed the coupon policy I had with the woman on the phone. She agreed that we should have been able to do it and that she would contact the store manager. Never did my husband or I get angry, but we did feel we needed to point out the bad customer service. The lady on the phone was extremely professional and told me we would hear from the store manager.

Fast Forward to today.
Store Manager called our home. He didn't really apologize, just told my husband that yes, they will honor it just bring in the coupons and the ad. So, I went back this evening and got 2 more Monopoly Games and 2 Connect 4 Games. Paid $11.54 OOP. So, $2.88 each game. The cashier was fabulous and apologized up and down.

Also, on my way home from work, I stopped at the last day of Piggly Wiggly Double Days. :) It was fun while it lasted!!! LOL. I bought almost all junk food. :)

Transaction:
4 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks, On sale $1.00 a box for 4 boxes. I had a $1.00 off coupon that doubled.
Charmin 12 roll TP, ON sale for $3.99 and I had a .50 cents off coupon
1 box of Crystal Light Teas, $2.50 on sale and I had a $1.00 off coupon that doubled
1 Dannon Yogart, .59 cents, I had a .50 cents off coupon
2 boxes of Quakers New True Delight Squares, $2.39 , I had $1.00 off coupons that doubled
5 assored candies, I had BOGO coupons from Skittles, Starburst and a .55 cents off coupon for Reese's Dark.
1 bag of Sunchips, $3.79, had a $1.00 off coupon that doubled.

Total before coupons: $30.36
Total after coupons: $11.38

Walgreens:
Picked up the Free 20 free prints ( I posted about the deal) I also had to pick up a  5 X7 I have been needing to get. So., $1.67 OOP.

Target:
10 Sobe Water  Bottles, $1.00 each, Had 5 BOGO Coupons and you get a $5.00 gift card back.
1 bottle of Palmolive, $2.32 on Clearance, I had a Target $1.00 and a $1.00 off IP Coupon.
1 more Connect 4 game, $4.00 off coupon and the $3.00 Target coupon
Total: $19.32
After Coupons: $5.89 with tax and I got a $5.00 gift card on the Sobe for next time. :) YEAH!!!

So, now I have 5 Connect 4s and 4 Monopoly Games. :) The start of my Christmas stash!!! Also, the items I bought at Toys R Us last week, will be added to my Christmas Stash of gifts. :)

Also, the Hasbro site just added a $4.00 off Battle Ship Game Coupon and Target has that for $9.00 on sale. So, with the $3.00 Target/Hasbro coupon and the $4.00 Hasbro IP coupon, you can get Battelship for $2.00!!!!

1 comment:

Nick, Amber & Aaron said...

What a great shopping day! I LOVE those kinds of days!!

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.