Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pick N Save Grocery Trip

I went to Pick n Save to do the Double Doubles. My total without coupons was $255.34. I did 6 transactions ( 60 double coupons) and I paid $55.67 and I have 2 free milk coupons for next week!  This was not a menu shopping trip, this was a "get things on sale" shopping trip, but I am able to make MANY breakfasts and a few dinners out of this trip. So, it wasn't bad. :) My savings was 78%.


One of my transactions, they owed me .05 cents!
So what did I get??

2 cans of Pears
4 boxes of fruit snacks ( I never buy these, my kids were so happy!)
2 cans of fruit cocktail
6 boxes of Cinnabon Cereal
30 envelopes of Kool Aid
4 cans of cat food
4 cans of diced tomatoes
4 pouches of tuna
3 bottles of Vitamin water
4 4 pound bags of sugar
3 boxes of Hamberger Helper
14 boxes of Kool Aid Singles ( these are great for trips ( we keep them in the car) and for camping!) I got them all free!
2 cans of Chunky Soup
3 packs of brats
1 container of Tarter Sauce
1 bag of crinkle cut fries
2 bags of ore-ida fries
1 box of mini ice cream sandwiches
1 box of mint ice cream sandwiches
1 box of peanut butter chocolate ice cream sandwiches
2 family size big bags of fish sticks
2 containers of butter
4 packs of Daninos yougarts
7 packs of Dannons Crush Cups
1 pack of Jello Temptaions
1 box of Corn Pops
1 box of Froot Loops
1 box of Apple Jacks
2 boxes of Berry Filled Shreaded Wheat
1 jar of Classico Spegghetti sauce
1 box of Bagel Bites
2 boxes of Planters Big Bars, Chocolate
1 gallon of Blue Bunny Ice Cream
2 pounds of bananas
1 Yoplait fruit Yougart Cup
1 6pk of water
2 gallons of milk
1 cup of the Philidelphia cooking creme

and my 2 free milk coupons for next time:

6 comments:

Jess said...

FABULOUS! Hannah and I did 7 transactions this morning and I have a huge pile of cereal (with milk coupons) to give away at Church tomorrow :o) How did you get all the free kool-aid? I only have a couple of coupons for free packets when you buy some, nothing for singles though.

Frugalmommie said...

Hi Jess,
While at the store, there was a endcap display. It had tear pad coupons on it for $1.00 off ONE box! Since those double and they were on sale for $2.00, I grabbed 14 boxes! Don't worry, I didn't clear the shelf. :) But 14 boxes should get us through about 3 to 4 months.
Frugalmommie

Anonymous said...

I went to picknsave this afternoon this was my first attempt at couponing and I kinda feel like a failure. My grand total was $175 I used my rewards card and it brought it down to $142 I then proceed to give her my coupons my total was $109.00 but i then noticed that all my coupons didnt double, were not even accepted so , and the cashier would not allow me to do seperate transactions so i went to customer service and he gave me an addtional $16 back on my card But i still came out of pocket $93.74. Can someone tell me what am i doing wrong i thought this was the perfect day to try this since it was DOUBLE DAYS but it didnt happend that way.

Frugalmommie said...

Hi Sequoia!
I don't know why your coupons didn't double and you did the right thing by going to the customer service desk. I have a few questions..did you do seperate transactions so that you could use 10 coupons in each transaction? Did you buy things that you didn't have coupons for?
You will notice that I do about 5 to 6 transactions per shopping trip ( meaning that I am doubling 50 to 60 coupons). Also, I buy very little without coupons.
Also, I stockpile, which is very different than just shopping every week.
If we can help you more, please let me know.

Frugalmommie said...

Also Sequoia, I just figured out that you saved about 53% based on the numbers you posted. THAT is AWESOME if you are new at this and trying to learn it. I have been doing this for 15 years.. but I wasn't always getting 75% off!! :) Smile..you did good!

Frugalmommie said...

Okay..last comment..LOL..why would Pick N Save not allow you to do seperate transactions?? You need to ask a manager or do your transactions with a different cashier.

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.