Sunday, April 10, 2011

Comments on the show Extreme Couponing

HI Everyone, I have recieved tons of emails asking about about the show Extreme Couponing. I don't have cable so I have only seen bits and pieces of this show but I want to respond to these emails. First of all, I want to let you know that this show is NOT reality. Most of the shoppers on this show had the store bend the coupon rules, which will not happen for you and I. Most double coupon stores will only take 3 or 4 of the same like coupon. In the show, they allow the couponers to use as many as they want. Also, in the show, it's been reported that these shoppers clear the shelf. PLEASE don't do this!! Share and allow us to all enjoy the hobby. You don't need 100 boxes of speghetti noodles! When I set up this blog, I did it to share my fun trips and help others get ideas of how they can do it too. It's a legimate hobby. Unfortunely, some people are goingto far, and they will ruin it for the rest of us.

Also, the internet has been abuzz about couponing fraud. Again PLEASE don't do this. I will never teach you on this site to cheat the system, it's illegal and not worth it. There is a website that tracks fraudulant coupons. The CIC will post what coupons are fraudulant. Please check them out if you have a coupon you think may not be legit. Here is their website http://www.cents-off.com/  It is illegal to use a coupon for Windex to buy Tide. It's illegal to use a coupon for Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks to buy Betty Crocker Warm Delights. PLEASE, Please don't do this.  You can be fined and also go to jail! Also, please do not try to manipulate a coupon with your computer. Each IP coupon has a code and if that code is altered the store WILL NOT get reimbursed for the coupon! Which creates a loss for the store and higher prices passed on to you and me. Also, by committing coupon fraud, you are forcing the stores to get stricter on the coupon rules, which will end the fun of couponing. Also, understand in most states, you still have to pay the tax on the items, if you pay .03 cents for your total, but you have all taxable merchandise, then you aren't paying the tax, which is also fraud!

If you are a reader, and you have a concern, please email me again. But this is just a blanket post to everyone who has asked me if that really does happen that you can walk away from the store buying $1,800 worth of stuff for $100. Every now and then, you can walk away with alot of freebies, but it's not typical and it's not often. An example is when I bought the $25.00 at Pick n Save the other morning and they paid me .05 cents! It does happen, but it's VERY RARE!

Happy Couponing!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.