Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back from Camping!

Well, we went out camping and just got home! We had a great time. We kept it frugal by..
1. Camping in a location that is free to my family.
2. Bring games from home, so we didn't go out to much.
3. Found a local grocery store on the way to the campground. Dozen ears of corn for a $1.00! SO we had a cheap meal!
4. Picked berries and apples down the road from the campground (with permission!). Now, I can make about 3 jars of jam and 6 jars of applesauce for free!
5. Did go into town and hit Walgreens. They had my Glade Candles, so I picked them up with free coupon. $1.45 after tax. I also picked up garbage bags and the goody hair items that were cheap after RR. I paid nothing out of pocket, used my RR's from last trip.
6. It's the last weekend of the season, and my father is the caretaker for the campground, so all the lost and found was put out on a table. Anything not taken today was going to the dump. So, after that I got to go through what was headed to the dump. I got some cute pool toys for the kids and a nice swimsuit for me.
7. Enjoyed a few days of swimming, roasting marshmellows, singing camp songs, riding bikes, playing ball, flying kites and just relaxing!

Overall very nice 4 days.

Came home to find someone left a big bag of coupons on my door! Thanks!

Next week, back to school, are you ready???

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.