Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family Fun doesn't have to be expensive!

Well, we just got back from a National League Baseball Game. Total spent: $26.28. The tickets we got free by buying gas at a local gas station, for every fill up you get a stamp. 6 stamps got you a free ticket. I collected 4 free tickets, mailed in the forms and $5.00 for the processing fee. (First $5.00 spent). So, we get out there and there is parking for $8.00. (Total now $13.00). We enjoy the game, let the kids play at the free playland, etc. Then the kids get hungry. I packed and brought in snacks, but the kids wanted a treat. Prices were high, but after much looking around, I found "kids game packs". Includes hot dog, soda, peanuts and cookies for $4.00. Bought 2 of those (Total now $21.00). And finally, I looked for a T shirt prior to going to the game and Walmarts was $13.00, which is too expensive. At the game, I went looking in the gift shops, and found the gift shop on the top floor had 3 clearance racks. I found the cutest shirt with my baseball team on it for $5.00 ( $5.28 with tax) YEAH! So, my total for spending is $26.28 for a family night out. I didn't count the gas, because we used my husband's donation card to pay for that.

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.