Saturday, November 6, 2010

Having a good time and saving money....a Build a Bear Story

Recently on a trip, My kids both wanted a Build A Bear! My kids love them but they can get pricey. I told my kids to keep an eye out for coupons and if we found some, we would try to go.

So, My daughters birthday was last month. She got a coupon for $5.00 off any purchase. Then, at dinner at the restuarant, my daughter spots vacation flyers for the area, in one of them was a coupon for a free Wisconsin Dells Build a Bear bag with any $25.00 purchase. Then while we were at the hotel, I asked the woman there if she knew if any deals at the outlet mall across the highway. She said that she didn't, but that if I filled out the post card in my hotel room ( with the other information in the room) I could get a coupon book to the outlet mall.

So, I found the post card, then got a post card for my husband too ( I have two kids so I always try to get 2 of coupon books for entertainment or activities!!). We went to the mall and turned in the postcards and got 2 coupon books. Sure enough, there was $5.00 coupons on any $10 or more animal to Build a Bear. I got the 2 coupons out of the books, plus my daughters birthday coupon.

We went into Build a Bear and the first thing I asked was which coupons we could use together. The associate said as long as I spent the $25.00 ( which the Bag Coupon required) she would allow and honor all of them.

So, We got:
1 $16.00 limited edition Halloween Bear, used the $5.00 off coupon
1 $12.00 Bearemy bear, used the $5.00 off coupon
1 Zhu Zhu pet, On clearance for $7.99, used the $5.00 off birthday coupon
1 hat and scarf set, on clearance for $3.00
Then, because it was almost Halloween, the kids each got a trick or treat bag too!!
1 Wisconsin Dells Build a Bear 2pc Bag Set Free with Coupon
My total after coupons was $25.43. 

My son and daughter danced out of the store. We don't "treats" like this often and the kids were thrilled. The kids had a great time and it was their souvenoir from the trip. We spent the rest of the weekend at the water park, and the kids didn't ask for anything else that weekend. It worked out nicely because their was a lot of souveniors that the kids could have watned, but they knew they got their Build a Bears. I was pleased with the customer service from Build A Bear too, they were great.

It's easy to spend money, but it's more fun to figure out ways to cut your expenses! Make it a family game!!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.