Sunday, November 21, 2010

Big Trip Today.

Well, a couple things are changing. One, my children are getting older and bigger so they are eating more. Two, the prices of groceries continue to go up. So, because of both of those thing, I am changing my goals a bit. I am now going to budget $325 for a month.  Before I did $250 a month. That means I will try to go grocery shopping every 3 to 4 weeks.

With that said, I went and did my grocery shopping today. The last time I went was Oct. 27. So that was 3 1/2 weeks ago. I am going to try to keep it to at least 3 weeks.

So, Tonight I went to Kwik Trip, Aldis and Woodmans. Typically I will log everything I buy but it's late and I am tired. Basically I got enough for 3 weeks. OOP between the 3 stores was $130.99.

Then I stopped at Menards. That was not a grocery trip but I did really good there too. My total was $82.23, then I used my refund cards from last time, and my OOP was $6.23. I am getting back $37.00 in rebates!! They had toys on rebates, so I picked up several toys!! :)

All in all it was a good trip! So, 3 weeks from today would be Dec.12th. I am hoping to make ends meet until then. :) Which means that if I budget $325 for a month, I used up $131, I have stayed under my goal. Here's hoping that I can stay at that amount!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.