Friday, August 6, 2010

Great Trip to Walgreens!

Walgreens was doing some major clearnace!! If you have a Walgreens near by, you may want to stop and check it out! They had baby food for .25 and .50 cents each for Jars and 2packs of fruit! They had clearance on socks, nylons and tights for .10 cents each. They had clearance on summer items like kids plates, flip flops and swimming toys!

I had to go get a ink cartridge refilled. So, here was my 2 transactions.
Transaction one:
Ink Refill $9.99
Xcel Laundry detergent, 2 bottles, on sale with coupon, $1.99 each
5 pairs of Trouser socks, .80 cents each on clearance
2 3pks of Crew Socks, $1.39 on clearance
2 boxes of Tampons, 2/$8.00, had a $2.50 coupon off, and got a $3.00 RR back
2 Plastic table ware plates, on clearance for .50 cents. They will be added to a special christmas gift to a friend who collects the logo that was on the plates.
1 box of crayons, $1.00 on sale, got a $1.00 RR back
Total: $29.94  The reciept said I saved $32.82 because of the full cost of the socks, but I would have never spent that much on them at full price. :)


Second Transaction:
42 pairs of Nylons!! I need them for work and they were on clearance for .10 cents a pair!!
Then I used my $4.00 in RR's from the previous transaction to pay for them all. So, out of pocket for this transaction was .43 cents!! It states on the reciept that I saved over $146.31! That is due to the full price of the products, but I wouldn't have paid full price. I am now STOCKPILED for nylons, tights and socks for work!! YEAH!!!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.