Friday, May 21, 2010

Quick Trip for some great deals!!

I wanted to pick up the toilet paper and I knew I was busy the rest of the weekend...so I ran out there tonight.



First Stop: Target
4 Kids Cuisine Meals, On clearance .94 cents
2 Healthy Choice Meals, On clearance .94 cents
1 3pk Razors, On sale $4.99, had a $4.00 off coupon and a $1.00 Target coupon
1 Word Search Book, on clearance
1 4pk of Disney Princess Pencils, on clearance
1 8pk of Disney Princess Markers, on clearance
2 packs of Iron man Stickers
1 pack of note cards
1 pack of sticky notes
2 gift bags
2 greeting cards
3 boxes of the Crystal Light teas, $1.97 on sale, had the $3.00 off 3 coupon and a $1.50 off 2 boxes Target coupon
4 packages of Oscar Mayer all beef hot dogs, on sale $2.54, had a b3g1 Target coupon and 2 $1.00 off 2 coupons.
Total before coupons: $44.40
Total after coupons: $20.35
Total after gift cards that I have: $10.35.
So, out of pocket $10.35

Second Stop: Woodman's
10 packs of Marcel Toilet Paper, $1.29, had 10 $1.00 off coupons
6 boxes of Kitten Chow, $1.79, had $1.79 FREE coupon
1 packs of Cat Treats, $1.39, had $1.00 off coupons
3 packs of Dinonino Yogurts, $1.79, had Free Coupons
2 packs of Hot Dog buns, on sale .89 cents
Total before coupons: $33.57
After coupons: $6.33

Total out of pocket is $16.68 and I have a nice stockpile of toilet paper now for a while. I am sure some of you are wondering why all the Disney markers, stickers, etc from Target. My children do not get an allowance but we still want to impress upon them the importance of saving their money, buying things, making change and taxes. So, we buy these small clearance items from the dollar spot at Target ( or other deals I find) and I have a little "store". My children earn play money for all different things they do during the week. Then, on the weekend, I open the store and they can choose to buy something, save their money for a larger item or whatever. I add the sales tax onto the item, just like a regular store would, to teach them that we pay taxes. I put things on "sale" so they get a flavor of what mom does.

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.