Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cheap-er Text Books ...and cheap toilet paper...and other frugal notes..

This week has been busy. First of all, my husband went back to a new job after 15 months of being laid off. It's a summer home construction job, which means if the weather is bad he won't work, but at least it will be some income. With that said, he also decided to go back to school. He starts online classes this week, the school wanted him to buy textbooks..2 books for over $200.00!! I told my husband I could find them cheaper than that and after some searching I found both books for $133 with shipping and I got $5.32 cents back from Ebates. :) So, he starts his classes on Monday and by Wednesday he will have the textbooks.  I am glad I saved a bit of money. This program is a 4 year bachelors degree, it will take my husband the whole 4 years, maybe 5 to complete.

Also, I got the cheap toilet paper that I wanted to pick up. I had 12 coupons for Marcal Toilet Paper. I paid $3.61 ( with tax) for 12 4 packs of toilet paper. I am glad to have a new stockpile!

Also, on the frugal side, I got a nice sample of shampoo and conditioner of Pantene. I also got a sample package from P&G, it had coupons, samples of Metamucil, Priolsec and several others. :) Good Mail days!!

Things around here are frugal and quiet. We just want to make ends meet and keep our heads above water. :) Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there!! I hope it's a happy one!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the toilet paper? I haven't seen the 4pks yet...

Frugalmommie said...

I find the Toilet Paper at Woodman's Grocery store.

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.