Thursday, October 8, 2009

Run to Senty and Walgreens

Well, I typically avoid Sentry, but my kids won a $10.00 beef certificate from the Beef Council through a school project! So, we went. I found some great deals and only spent $3.36 out of pocket! Also, ran to Walgreens. I had $8.00 in RR's to use by Saturday, so I figured I would look around. I found Red Baron Singles Pizzas on clearance for $2.00, I had .75 cents off coupons from the Sunday Coupons. So, I spent nothing out of pocket.



My first trip was Walgreens.

2 clearance pencils .19 cents
5 Red Baron Single Serve Pizzas (2pk), on clearance for $2.00, had .75 off coupons from sunday paper
2 boxes of popsicles, clearance $1.00
1 container of raisins
Total $14.38
After Coupons: $11.38
After RR's: $3.52 with tax, used the balance from my last Walgreens gift Card. Zero OOP.

While I was at Walgreens I saw hangtags for 50 cents off Sobe Life Waters. I grabbed a few because I knew they would double at other stores, so I figured I would find them on sale eventually. Little did I know..they were on sale at Sentry.



Then I ran to Sentry:
3 Dannon Yougart, Free coupons from a trade
3 packs of Disney Batteries, on clearance for $1.00 a pack, will use as part of christmas gifts, since I am giving toys with batteries.
1 box of Snuggle fabric sheets, on clearance $3.22, had the $3.00 off coupon from Sunday's paper
1 Hormel Compleats, chicken. On sale for $2.00, I had a $2.00 coupon from the ALL YOU magazine, so Free after coupon
2 Friskies Cat Treat Pouches, Free Coupons from the Sunday Paper
5 Sobe Life Water, On Sale for $1.00 a bottle, Had 50 cent coupons that Doubled, so they were all free.
2 cans of Friskies cat food, I had a BOGO coupon from the Sunday paper and they were on sale for 80 cents a can.
1.7 pounds of steak
4.28 pounds of ground beef, Used $10.00 gift card AND a $2.00 wine tag on meat
Total after coupons was $3.36

The great thing was that the cashier didn't give me a hard time about any of my coupons, and almost all of them beeped!! She was very nice and I am glad Sentry is now doubling coupons!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.