Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Frugal Notes

Well, Another week has come and gone. I have had a few frugal and non frugal things happen.
The first non frugal thing - all my kitties had their vet visits and shots...whew, costly, but at least they are healthy, happy and safe ( which is worth more to me than gold!)
But the frugal things I did this week. My husband and I went on a "date". I had my Noodles and Company Birthday coupon. So, we were able to get 2 meals and 2 drinks for under $12.00. Then we went to Culver's. I used my free Birthday Sundae coupon and he got the summer special, which is a $1.00 Root Beer. So we spent $1.06 there.
I also did another frugal thing. I had the photos made from the Walgreens Deal from July 4th and I had a beautiful frame put away that I got on rebate from Menards awhile ago. I spent another .60 cents on 2 more photo and made a beautiful photo frame for my best friend. I hope she is as thrilled with it as I am.
I also got swagbuck points for my birthday and Disney Rewards points for my birthday, so I am thrilled with that too.
Another Frugal family Fun was going to the Milwaukee Public Museum. We went this week. I have the family membership, so we didn't pay admission. I also had 2 free planetarium coupon, so we were able to get the entire group in for $10.00.  It was a fun, frugal day.

Also, I know we aren't talking back to school deals yet, but I looked at my son's supply list. I have EVERYTHING he needs in my school supply stock. I will not be buying anything this year for him at back to school time! I also found 6 extra boxes of crayons, which I will do donating. :)

It was a quick week....But we tried to keep our spending down. I will have to catch up with the money we spent on the pets and 2 weeks ago at Wisconsin Dells. Otherwise, we are hanging in there! Hope your week was frugal!!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.