Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shopping TRIP!!!!

Well, I went out shopping today. Pick N Save does doubles on Saturday. You can double up to 5 $1.00 coupons with a $25.00 order. I really didn't plan on  going, but I have been sad lately and my husband wanted to get me out and about! So, we went. I got $148.65 worth of groceries for $30.70, a 79% discount.  Even though I did 5 transactions, I am just going to quickly list what I picked up. Not a bad haul for $30!

8 boxes of Crunchy Nut Cereal
2.34 pounds of bananas
2 gallons of milk
1 cup of Yoplait Yogart
6 bags of Homestyle Mac and Cheese
2 packages of Taco Seasonings
2 bags of Malt o Meal Cereal
3 containers of Malox Chews
2 bottles of Malox Liquid
1 package of cheese slices
2 packages of butter
1 box of Wheat Thins
1 box of Triscuits
2 Stoffers Microwave Meals
1 frozen concentrate of Juice
1 package of the New Philly Cooking Cream Cheese
1 4 pack of Yogart
3 boxes of Quaker Instant Oatmeal
4 cups of Whiskas Moist Cat food
2 jars of Classico Pasta Sauce
1 package of Oscar Meyer Cutting Board Meats

That is a lot of Cereal, but the 2 milks I paid $1.35 a gallon for. So, the cereal will go quickly!

Stay Frugal!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I am sorry to hear that you have been sad lately. I hope everything is okay. Looks like a good shopping trip at least. I have a quick ? for you that hopefully you can help me with. Do you know what the original price of the O.M. carving board lunch meat was? I take it you were able to use a $1.50 off coupon on the cooking cream & use the in ad $1.00 off coupon on the lunch meat too.

TTYL! :)

Frugalmommie said...

Hi Penny,
Thank you so much for your concern, a family friend passed away very unexpectedly and it was a shock.

The O.M. Carving Meat was $4.29 for 7 oz!!! But, it was on sale for $3.00. I had an IP Coupon for $2.00 off one package, so I paid $1.00 for the package. I am planning on using it to make homemade soup.

I also had the $1.50 coupon on the cooking cream.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Did they give you a hard time about using the $1.50 off coupon on the Philly & then also the $1.00 off the lunch meat wyb the Philly? I was given a hard time today. They still pushed it through. I just didn't want to deal with any conflict today. Like I do any day, but especially today. Just kind of a bad day all around. Nothing major, though. I normally do not have any problems at PNS.

Frugalmommie said...

Nope they didn't give me a hard time. Sorry about the bad day you had. Seems that everyone is going through some sort of trial right now.

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.