Saturday, February 13, 2010

Early Season Rummage Sale!! ..and a dumpster dive!!!

Well, I know it's not rummage sale season, but a local school in the area was having a fundraiser type rummage. All the families could have a space and bring things. I spent $10.45 and I did GREAT!

*  Brand New Go Diego Go Art Set, $1.50, will use for my son's birthday next month. Here is a photo! I am so happy it was brand new!!!  http://www.amazon.com/Elmers-Diego-All-In-One/dp/B001CTEXPG
*  Spider Man folding kids camping chair. $3.00, in great shape and still had the carry bag! You can see a photo of it here http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Spiderman-Folding-Chair-Convenient/dp/B001UFT7OY
*  I SPY card game, 10 cents. All the cards were there!! Now, I just have to find the directions on the 'net!
* Spider Man Book, 10 cents
* 2 Scooby Doo DVD movies, $1.00 each
* 3 VHS Magic School Bus Movies, .75 cents each
* Pair of Jammies, $1.00
* Brand New Disney Princess Bath Set had 2 shower gels and a soap .50 cents

Total: $10.45

Also, my husband got something totally different...but cool...a local doctor office was getting rid of their furniture because they were remodeling. There was nothing wrong with the stuff, but they had it out by there dumpsters. My husband picked up a laid back type chair. The kind they use in doctors offices to take blood or have someone rest. It's burgendy and a nice quality leather. What are we going to do with it?? Not sure..Maybe sell it in the rummage. Maybe keep it ( because eventually my husband wants a "man cave" and he thinks that would be something fun to have in there). I started looking around the web..here is a photo of a similar chair.  www.bed-mattress-pillow.com/clasiipcperz.html The chair in the photo is $1,100! WHOA!

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.