Saturday, December 29, 2012

After Christmas Deals...what did you find??

Who went and picked up any Christmas Deals??

I went to Target first. I found the AXE gift sets on clearance and used my $3.75 coupon. My husband was happy with that. I also found Transformer / Colgate Christmas Sets. This box came with 2 kids Transformer Toothbrushes and a tube of toothpaste for $1.49!!  The box had Christmas advertising but the actual packaging didn't. I picked up 6 of them. My son will now have a toothbrushes for a long time. Also, in the Dollar Spot, I found gift wrap for .50 cents a roll. It was silver with blue, pink, purple, green, light green and red dots on it. I will save that for birthday gift wrap. It was cute.

I also found a big Lego Playset on clearance for $24.00 ( not a huge deal but 30% off). My son's birthday is in March. So, that gift is bought. :)

Then I went dollar store. Not much there BUT they did have a box of free card envelopes, which is perfect because my daughter got a bunch of stamp kits with cards to make!!!

Then I went to Walgreens. I got a huge roll of gift wrap for $1.00 ( save for next year) and some christmas to/from labels on clearance.

I am set for next year on wrap, tags and ribbon. :)


What did you all find? Any good steals??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have managed to leave my coupons at home every time I go shopping! I hit Target a couple of days ago and everything was 50% off. I bought 3 rolls of wrapping paper (which I shouldn't have bought bc Michaels was cheaper!), 2 ornaments, and a Pokemon figure set for a late Christmas present. I meant to get it FOR Christmas but forgot! At Michaels I found a pretty holiday wicker basket for $7 (origionally $25), a few ornaments to paint next year for 50c each. I also bought some scrapbooking supplies and didn't spend over $26! The 12x12 album was $1.99. I am thinking about going and getting the rest of them. I can use them to make Christmas presents next year. Or even start it for mother's day presents and each gift giving holiday give a new page. At Walgreens I picked up a tree topper for $5, Playboy fragrance set for $7, and Curve fragrance set for $9. Wal-Mart I picked up a wreath for $10 - again something I should have picked up at Michaels.

Frugalmommie said...

12 by 12 album for $1.99!! FANTASTIC!!! I found some cute small kids bubble baths for .29 cents at Walgreens yesterday. I am going to put them away from Easter Basket Stuffers.
I have a cabinet in the basement where I put gifts. It's a nice Rubbermaid with doors. I think the fragrance gift sets at a great idea!!

What percent off is Michaels???

Anyone know what percent off Hobby Lobby is??

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.