Saturday, October 29, 2011

Super Doubles Trip To Pick N Save...and other menu planning notes!!!

Well, Dragged my husband out of bed this morning ( He is already back in bed!) to hit the Pick N Save Super Doubles. I did 5 transactions (50 coupons). It was a stock pile trip, not a menu planning trip. I did 66% savings. A lot of the shelves were emptied, but I did get some freebies and good deals. I have done inventory of my stockpile EXCEPT for the freezer, which I still want to do this weekend. So, I will replan my menu plans for the month of Nov.


Here is my 5 transactions all in one.

8 boxes of Breakfast Scambler Sandwiches, $2.99, $1.00 coupon that doubled. 
2 packages of Chicken Hot Dogs, on sale .78 cents each
2 4 pound bags of sugar
1 pack of Charmin TP
1 package of Italian Sausage
1 10 pack of razors
2 packs of Pillsbury Brownie Bites
3 boxes of Hot Cocoa
12 cans of Healthy Select Soups, 2/$4.00, I had $1.00 off coupons, making them .50 cents each
3 bags of Bear Creek Soups, $2.99, $1.00 coupon that doubled.
9 containers of yogurt ( I used these for work) $1.00 each, had 3/$1.00 coupons that doubled.
4 4pks of Yogurt Delights ( I will also use for work) $1.88 each, had .50 cents off coupons that doubled
30 cans of cat food ( on clearance for .29 cents a can and I had a $1.25 off coupon)
1 box of Mrs. T's Perogies, on sale $2.39, I had a $1.00 coupon that doubled
4 boxes of Tic Tacs, $1.29 each, $1.00 off coupons that doubled
10 packs of 5 React Gum, on clearance .74 cents and I had a 2 $1.00 off coupon that doubled. I did get overage on this,  normally Pick N Save doesn't do overage.
3 packs of Xtra Gum, $1.29 and I had .50 cent off coupons that doubled, ( again, my husband and daughter chew a lot of gum so I stockpiled at these prices. I do note that these are not necessities)
2 bags of shredded cheese ( cheap quesdillas), on sale
1 block of cheddar cheese,  on sale
3 boxes of Capri Sun Drinks, I had $1.00 off coupons that doubled


So my total before coupons was $200.04 and after was $66.79. Basically a 66% savings. My daughter also asked the stocker, and got, 28 Langer Juice Coupons. So, I will be able to pick up 28 more juices over at Woodman's before the end of November. I haven't bought juice (except for Capri Suns) since summer. Which has saved us nicely.

Now, I have to work on my menus for Nov. I was blessed with a bunch of free bread from church. We received buns, loafs of bread, garlic rolls, etc. And I was blessed with lots of tomatoes, banana squash and pumpkins. So I have to fit those into the menu.


November has 30 days, not including Thanksgiving.


30 breakfasts

11 at home lunches
20 at work lunches for me
10 at work lunches for my husband


29 dinners ( Not counting Thanksgiving)

So, I have to figure that out and make a menu from my inventory, stockpile. I plan not to grocery shop much in November.  Except for what I need to bring to our family Thanksgiving meal.

No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.