Saturday, January 22, 2011

$152.36 in Groceries for $45.27!!!! YEAH!! 70% savings!

I haven't done a big shopping trip in a long while. We have been eating down our stockpile. I was down to no milk, no cereal, no fruit. So, I decided to go to Pick N Save's Double Coupon Daze. My budget was $88.00. The rules at Pick N Save are that you can't have more then 5 coupons doubled and you have to spend $25.00. So, I knew with my coupons, I would still have a $15.00 OOP, unless I brought it lower with other coupons. So, I did 5 transactions. They had a great deal, when you buy 6 boxes of cereal, you get an $10.00 discount AND a free gallon of milk and free eggs at your next transaction! Here is my haul:

Transaction 1:
2 packags of Hot Dog Buns, on sale .58 cents
1 box of Chocolate Cherrios
1 box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
1 box of Golden Grahams
1 box of Trix
1 box of Fruity Cheerios
1 box of Honey Nut Cherrios ( got an automatic $10.00 off and a coupon for free milk and free eggs in your next transaction. Also, I had double coupons for all of the cereal)
1 box of Uncle Ben's Long Grain Rice, had a double coupon, paid. 19 cents
1 packages of string cheese, on sale for $1.00 each
Total before coupons: $29.91
After coupons: $8.95

Transaction 2:
2 packages of Hamburger Buns, on sale .59 cents each
3 boxes of Hamburger Helper, on sale and used a double coupon
1 package of Wasa Crackers, on sale $2.64 and I had a double coupons
2 bags of Malt O Meal Cereal, on clearance for 2/$5.00, I had a $2.00 off coupon
1 2liter of Coke
1 2 liter of Sprite, Had a coupon buy $4.00 in produce, get $1.00 off a 2 liter of coke. Since the coke was on sale, and the coupon doubled, I bought 2  2 liters.
1 box of Uncle Ben's Rice, had a double coupon, paid .19 cents
3 bottles of Healthy Choice Juice, had a B2GO sale, and I had a double coupon , so I paid $2.38 for the 3 bottles or .80 cents a bottle.
3.85 pounds of bananas
1.38 pounds of apples
1 bag of celery, free from RainCheck
Total before coupons: $38.83
After coupons: $12.50

Transaction 3:
2 packages of Dole Fruit Cups, on sale and I had a double coupon
4 cans of Chunky Campbells Soup, on sale 4 for $5.00, I had a coupon for $1.00 off of 2, I had 2 coupons, so I paid  $1.00 for 4 cans
3 cans of condensed Campbells soup, on sale for $1.00 each, I had a coupon off of 3
1 dozen eggs, Free with coupon from Transaction 1
2 rolls of Grands Biscuits, on sale for $1.00 each, I had a coupon that doubled
2 gallons of milk, one was free with the coupon from Trans 1 and one I had a $1.00 off coupon and it doubled. So I paid $1.19 for that one gallon
Total Before coupons: $27.25
After coupons: $9.86

Transaction 4:
1 bag of Pepperridge Farm Goldfish Crackers, with store coupon .98 cents
1 box of Reese Peanut Butter Cereal
1 box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
1 box of Cookie Crisp
1 box of Cheerios
1 box of Honey Nut Cheerios
1 box of Cherrios Yougart Burst ( again automatic $10.00 off and coupons for the next visit Free MIlk and Free Eggs)
1 bottle of Sprite Zero, on sale for $1.00 and I found a .50 cents off coupon on the floor!!
1 4 pack of Dannon Activa Dessert Yougart, on sale for $2.00 and I had a $1.00 coupon that doubled.
Total before coupons: $30.32
Total after coupons: $7.22

Transaction 5:
1 bag of Pepperridge Farm Goldfish Crackers, with store coupon .98 cents

2 packages of Chips Ahoy Cookies, Reese Peanut Butter and Toffee, on sale 2 for $5.00 and I had $1.00 off each package that doubled!
6 Banquet Meals ( for work) on sale for $1.00 each, and I had a .60 cent off coupon that doubled, so I paid. 80 cents each.
2 bags of Skittles ( my kids were so good, I gave them a treat!) on sale 2 for .88 cents and I had a .50 cents off coupon.
1 18 count package of eggs, Free with coupon from Trans. 4
2 4 pack of Dannon Activa Dessert Yougart, on sale for $2.00 and I had a $1.00 coupon that doubled
2 gallons of milk, one was free with the coupon from Trans 4 and one I had a $1.00 off coupon and it doubled. So I paid $1.19 for that one gallon
Total before coupons: $29.96
Total after coupons: $6.74

The total trip took 2 hours, with the help of my husband and kids. The sorting and clipping coupons I did while I listened to the news at night or while I waited for the kids at the pool. ( yes, I clip coupons there and the other parents think I am insane.) So, It depends on whether you want to add that time in.

For those that say I don't buy healthy food. I got lots of unhealthy cereal, because my kids love it and I monitor how much they can have. I have loads of oatmeal too, so we have plenty of breakfast foods. But, I can say that we bought 3 bottles of Healthy Choice Juice, apples, bananas, yogart, celery, milk, eggs, rich, string cheese, Wasa Crackers, soups, etc. Now, this trip was in NO WAY a meal planning trip. Due to the fact we are eating down my stockpile, this will just adjust the menu plan a little bit, but in no way redo it. I still have over 15 pounds of Chicken and 8 pounds of ground turkey in my freezer. I also have lots of speghetti sauce, noodles, etc. I have over 12 bags of frozen veggies yet too!

Happy Shopping and Stay Frugal!!!








No comments:

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.