Thursday, July 15, 2010

Well, Cashiers can sometimes be a challenge!

I went today to use the Crystal Light Pure Fitness Drink Mix. I had the $2.00 Vocal Point Coupon and Walmart had it on sale for $1.97. I bought other things so that I wouldn't have a zero balance. Anyways, got to the cashier and she would not except the coupons. She said they don't accept coupons that are higher amounts then the cost of the product. She called the head cashier. Head cashier said no. I suggested asking the management. While I am waiting, the cashier "suspends" my transaction and helps the next customer. I am fine with that but it was kinda funny because the man say,"You definitely want to save $2.00!". I wasn't sure if he was being condensending or funny. I just responded to him that,"Yes, I want to save the $6.00 dollars and that if they don't want to accept the coupons I will have to call corporate and find out what the company policy is." I know the 2 cashiers heard that. I said it politely and I wasn't rude, but I wasn't going to accept no for an answer until I understood why!!! Next, the assistant manager came and she said she wasn't sure and called up the store manager. All this time I am still just standing there while they didn't say anything to me and just whispered among themselves. Finally the store manager came and he asked,"Well, did you try to scan the coupons to see if they would work?" All 3 cashiers just looked at him and said no. I explained to the manager that I understood they could only take off the $1.97 and not the $2.00, and that Walmart would be reimbursed for the $2.00 from the manufacture. He stood there while the cashier scanned the coupons. They scanned $2.00 off. The manager said,"Fine, give her the $2.00." and walked away.

So, I have no idea what their coupon policy is for this type of situation. It isn't on their offical coupon policy on the web ( see it here at this LINK). I wasn't trying to be difficult, but I believe that cashiers shouldn't just be able to make up coupon policies on a whim.  I am going to call corporate Walmart and find out what the actual policy is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY APPARENT CRIMINAL THAT USES COUPONS AT WALMART. I OFTEN HAVE A HARD TIME WITH WALMART, I LIVE IN ELKHORN SO I'D RATHER GO TO TARGET AND STACK WITH THERE COUPONS FOR SOME THINGS.
THE ONLY THING IS THAT WALMART DOES HAVE A BETTER SELECTION- LIKE MY HUSBAND TAKES THE DUNCAN HINES WHOLE GRAIN DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS FOR BREAKFAST AND THE ONLY PLACE I CAN FIND THEM IN THE AREA IS WALMART ARGH!

THANKS FOR A LOCAL PRESPECTIVE ON GREAT DEALS

2BOYSMAMA IN ELKHORN

pennyscents said...

I have stopped shopping at Wal- Mart because of situations like this. The store manager at my location is wonderful. He even gave me his cell phone # to call him on when I called to ask him ?'s about a problem that I had, and what should have been done. The problem is that the cashiers don't listen to what he says. I have seen him come up & tell the cashiers and front end head cashiers that something is okay. then the next time I go to shop there those same cashiers will say that it is not. I even said t one of them one time that Tom said this is okay. She told me he doesn't really know what goes on, though. He is the store manager for crying out loud! He is their boss!!! I can e-mail & get every situation corrected when I have a problem, but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle. I just shop at Target bi-weekly now. I only go to Wal-mart like once every 2 mos now.

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.