Monday, January 10, 2011

My Walgreens Trip...

So, I posted about the Stayfree deal and the Toothbrush Deal. So, I went to Walgreens today. I did 2 transactions.
Transaction #1:
2 packs of Stayfree Maxi Pads, $6.49 cents each
1 bottle of Kids Vitamins, $5.00
Total: 17.98
Minus the Walgreens Store coupons: $6.00
Minus the BOGO Manufacture Coupons: $6.49
Total  OOP and Tax: $6.15, and I got a $5.00 RR back

Second Transaction:
2 Reach Toothbrushes, $2.99 each
2 Budget Gourmet Meals, .99 cents each
2 Stayfree Maxi, $6.49 each
2 dozen eggs, .99 cents
Total: $22.92
Then the Store coupons were subtracted: $10.00
New Total: $12.92
Then the Manufacturer coupons: $6.49 and $.99 cents.
Then the RR from last week: $3.50
Total OOP with Tax: $2.43

Unfortunetly, something happened with the BOGO toothbrush coupon, it only took .99 cents off. But with my RR, I still got it free so I didn't bother with trying fix it.  :) 

So, OPP total was $8.58 and I got a $5.00 RR for next time!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, this is Robert. I am starting to learn how to use coupons to save some money. I notice that you have BOGO for Stayfree on Smartsources which I do have them. I only have $1 off for Stayfree while you do have BOGO. Is it because of different location that I am unaware of? I live in NJ.

Frugalmommie said...

HI Robert! Great Question! It is true that some areas get different coupons. The BOGO coupon was out of the Smart Source from 1/9/11 Sunday Paper.

Too Bad you didn't get the BOGO in your paper!

So, you would have
2 packages of Stayfree $12.00
minus the Walgreens Coupons-$6.00
minus 2 Stayfree $1.00 off - $2.00
Equals: $4.00 or $2.00 per pack.

Frugalmommie as been on WITI FoxNews6 Television Milwaukee, WTMJ620 Radio, Several local newspapers, The Wisconsin State Journal, and is in a feature article in All You Magazine in the April 2009 edition.